Wednesday, May 9, 2012

JSpeak - The Ultimate in Linux Text-to-Speech Software



JSpeak is a FOSS (Free Open Source) Application I created for Linux, the only of it's kind. 

It's full of features. It's primary feature is it's ability to read text copied to the clipboard. It also can use Mbrola voices. It expands and retracts to a smaller graphical user interface that is perfect for hovering over your ebooks, websites, etc. while reading from them. It's located on Github at 
https://github.com/BullShark/JSpeak under the GPLv3 and above, free of charge. 
The full instructions on getting it running and how to use it are there on that github link. There is also a wiki there on Github.

Please check it out. I would really appreciate it as well as any feedback and/or support through donations. If you like this software, please make a donation to help further development here on my blog. Thank you.

A few screenshots running under Fedora with Gnome3





15 comments:

  1. I am absolutely amazed at how terrific the stuff is on this site. I have saved this webpage and I truly intend on visiting the site in the upcoming days. Keep up the excellent work! Book Editing Tips

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad that I had the fortune to stumble across your blog. It’s definitely an essential issue that not sufficient people are talking about and I am glad that I got the chance to see all the angles.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderful website. Lots of useful information here. I’m sending it to a few friends ans also sharing in delicious. And certainly, thanks for your sweat!. I added it to my favorites blog list and will be checking back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. oh yea coo, this data is really useful as well as definately is comment suitable! hehe. I’ll see basically can try to make use of some of this details for my own weblog. Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am absolutely amazed at how terrific the stuff is on this site. I have saved this webpage and I truly intend on visiting the site in the upcoming days. Keep up the excellent work!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well i definitely liked reading it. This information provided by you is very constructive for correct planning. I like your work for providing information to the other.on, youve insured so many corners.thanks

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was very motivated to discover this website. I recommended to thank you for this unique analysis.

    ReplyDelete
  8. When the car is stationary, the body four corners of the distance from the ground to the position of the weight of the wheels have a great impact: increased body left rear corner of ground clearance, will increase the left rear wheel and its diagonal wheel (right front wheel), weight-bearing, and at the same time another corner on two wheels (front left and right rear wheels) load will be reduced. BMW ICOM BMW ISIS ISID A+B+C

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks like a really cool app. Only thing is based on the youtube video the voices don't sound as good as Festival CMU Artic voices.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

      Delete
    2. Are these voices compatible with Linux, and/or do you know of better voices for Linux?

      Delete
  10. i installed it via sudo command for ubuntu but how do i actually start the program>?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. cd /path/to/jar then java -jar JSpeak.jar. I plan on packaging it into a deb package that will launch from the Gnome Menu soon.

      Delete
  11. I have heard fine obsessions about this topic. Is there a way I can move all my word press content into it? Any kind of assist would be very much respected!

    ReplyDelete